Our School Council is made up of:
- Children from Year 2 to Year 6
- Representatives from each class.
We are selected to represent the views of our peers and to provide a voice for all pupils to help make changes and improve the school. School Council members are expected to act as a role model to other pupils and to be ambassadors of our school.
How do you become a member of School Council?
- Anyone can apply for School Council.
- Pupils need to fill out the School Council application form on Google Classroom by the deadline given.
- Without knowing who the applications belong to, staff members will look at the applications and select the applications that stand out to them.
- The successful candidates are informed and invited to attend their first School Council meeting.
A Good School Council Member is:
We asked our current School Council members to share what they believe makes a good School Council member. Here are their thoughts:
- A good listener
- A role model
- A team player
School Council Members Need to:
- Attend meetings, turn up on time and be interested.
- Listen to the views, suggestions and opinions of their peers and bring them to the meeting.
- Report everyone’s ideas and opinions even if they are not their own.
- Bring ideas to the meeting that will make the school a better place.
- Feedback information to their class – ask their teacher for a time to do this.
- Collaborate on projects with both staff and pupils.
- Present some assemblies with support from Mrs Pessticio.