Our School Council is made up of:-
- 16 children from Year 2 to Year 6
- A representative from each class.
We are elected by our class to represent the views and to provide a voice for all pupils to help make changes and improve the school.
How you become a School Councillor:-
- Anyone can apply for the school council.
- Write a speech.
- Deliver it to your class.
- A secret ballot is held.
- All votes are counted and verified by 2 members of staff.
- The successful candidates are informed.
What we do:-
- We have 6 representatives from Year 6 who share the roll of Chairperson and Secretary.
- We meet on a regular basis with Miss Davies and Mrs Jenkins.
- We discuss any ideas, problems or issues arising and put forward the views of the other pupils in the school.
- We help to organise fund raising events, school lunches, behaviour or anything that might arise out of the meetings.
- We meet and work alongside School Governors and other members of the local community.
- We are responsible for carrying out ideas that School Council have agreed upon.
Our Current Projects
Our School Council are currently working in partnership with different members of staff and groups of pupils on the following projects.
- Anti-Bullying Ambassadors -