What is a Governor?
A Governor is a volunteer who cares about teaching, learning and children. They represent the people with a key interest in the school, including parents, staff, the local community and the local authority.
- part of a very important team.
- support the Head-Teacher.
- accept responsibility for what the school does.
- attend meetings on a regular basis.
- attend school events.
- a link between parents, the local community and local authority.
- acts as a critical friend who supports the school but also challenges and asks
questions about how the school works and the standards it achieves.