Our School Council is made up of:-
- 20 children from year 2 to year 6
- A boy and a girl from each class
We are elected by our class to represent the views and to provide a voice for all pupils to help make changes and improve the school.
How you become a School Councillor:-
- Anyone can apply for the school council.
- Write a speech.
- Deliver it to your class.
- A secret ballot is held.
- All votes are counted and verified by 2 members of staff.
- The successful candidates are informed.
What we do:-
- We have 2 Chairpersons and 2 Secretaries.
- We meet on a regular basis with a member of staff.
- We discuss any ideas, problems or issues arising and put forward the views of the other pupils in the school.
- We help to organise fund raising events, school lunches, behaviour or anything that might arise out of the meetings.
- We meet and work alongside School Governors and other members of the local community.
- We are responsible for carrying out ideas that School Council have agreed upon.